Ok so I lost my mind during March, maybe several times. It’s been an odd time for me – everything’s ok in general, but I’m not feeling normal… I’ve done almost nothing abut gardening which is SO UNLIKE ME. SOmething’s up, but I dunno what it is.
There is almost no knitting getting done, so I thought I’d share a sewing project I did quite some time ago.
…..a lack of FOCUS!
No, this is not a picture of me……it is how i am *feeling*……
Y’all truly deserve a *real* post by me, but it isn’t in the cards this time around. I guess this is a “snapshot” of right now:
- I broke my yarn diet…TWICE in 2 weeks. I figure I’ve been REALLY good for 18 months so I wanted to get some new yarn! In total, I got 4 skeins of sock yarn: 1 NORO Silk Garden Sock, 1 Regia Fluormania & 2 Naturally Waikiwi (ya need two skeins for 1 pair of socken), & 2 skeins of laceweight: 1 Madelintosh Prairie in Clematis, & 1 Maharashtra Silk in Navy. I guess I want to make socks & shawls…..You can see pictures on Ravelry.com in my stash section……
- I’m currently working on a Shaelyn shawl in Madelinetosh Prairie in a gorgeous semi-solid dark blue. I’m enjoying it so much, it put me over the top to buy the aforementioned M’tosh Prairie in Clematis
- more knitting is happening b/c the kitten is growing up. This is very happymaking!
- no pics ‘cos the camera is misplaced….again.
- Instead of huge amounts of yarn, I’m buying loads of sewing patterns & fabric, so I will begin a fabric & pattern fast….soon.
- Not much sewing is happening….at all.
- I’ve bought 3 quilting books & 1 quilting magazine in the last month.
- And more quilting fabric. Like enough to make my dream quilt for my bed.
- And batting for baby blankets….. I think I have a problem.
- My therapist has been difficult to get ahold of……
- I have been reading many, many sewing blogs. This *has* to STOP!
- I’ve broken through my writer’s block on my book, so a good deal of progress is being made. Yay!
- My weight loss has slowed way way down, mainly because of the mobility problems, but also b/c I’ve learned how to cheat really well. This *has* to STOP!
- Total weight lost since Jan. ’14 – 43 lbs.
- I cannot believe it has been FIVE years since Michael Jackson died….
- And now Bobby Womack is gone . :::sigh:::
- Am reading a wonderful biography right now called: I’ll Take You There: Mavis Staples, the Staple Singers, and the March up Freedom’s Highway by Greg Kot; I **HIGHLY*** recommend this book if you like soul or gospel music. If you are not familiar with Mavis Staples/the Staples Singers, I STRONGLY suggest you drop everything & get to listening!
- The Force of Nature is now a certified lifeguard. I knew she could do it!
- Parenting teenagers is a thankless job. The last 2 weeks were particularly thankless….
- My garden is all kind of peally-wally b/c I’ve been neglecting it (see mobility issues). Still the tomatoes will begin their inundation in a couple of weeks God willing.
- I’ve been thinking about ending my blog. Is seven or eight years enough? Does anybody care? Do I? I dunno….
- I really love Kiva.org , Indiegogo & Kickstarter.
- The One Human Family Workshop Choir is going on tour in August! First time in nine years……
I have so much more to write about everything here but Studmuffin & I are taking the Force of Nature to dinner to celebrate the lifeguardiness. The Duke of Curl is over at a friend’s house playing video games.
So, how are YOU?