But first this:
I got this from the fabulous blog of Smariek Knits:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? Usually none, and the Force of Nature will draw one on paper and tape it to the piano. However this year I have a sour orange tree that lives outside during the warm weather and now it’s inside. The Force of Nature has decided it is suitable, has hung several ornaments on it and pronounced it our Christmas tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? N/A
4. When do you take the tree down? N/A
5. Do you like eggnog? yes, but only the homemade non-alcoholic kind. Studmuffin and the kids like storebought…which tastes like glue to me.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably the Laura Ingalls Wilder books my grandmother gave me every year.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Studmuffin; he doesn’t really *get* the whole gift giving thing…..
8. Easiest person to buy for? The kids.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? A few of both
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The year I got absolutely no gifts for my birthday or Christmas (my birthday is on the 13th) from husband or kids….after busting my but to do everything for everyone else.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It’s a 4 -way tie: The Bishop’s Wife (with Cary Grant), Holiday Inn (which I hardly ever get to see), Muppets Christmas Carol(if you haven’t seen it, you MUST!), and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (with Jim Carrey). I only saw that last one 2 years ago and I just adore it. Bill Murray’s Scrooged is a close runner up; Bobcat Goldthwait is SO funny in this movie….
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I see something that I think will serve, but we do Christmas pretty small so usually the bulk of the presents shopping is done about a week before. Shopping for the Christmas dinner takes much more time.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh yes. I would much rather give a gift to someone else who will love it than to store it unused in my all-too-cluttered house or throw it away (Horrors!).
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies.
16. Lights on the tree? No.
17. Favorite Christmas song? That changes just about daily with me! See the last two posts for a sampling.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Staying home.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Of COURSE! Dasher Dancer Prancer Vixen Comet Cupid Donner Blitzen and Rudolph….though I love the Ray Stevens’ song “Santa Claus is Watchin’ You” where he renames the reindeer: Bruce Marvin Slick Clyde Doright and Leon.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? In the morning. Growing up we always did it Christmas Eve which I prefer, but Studmuffin insists upon the morning so….
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The hysterical crazy over commercialization of Christmas in the U.S. Last year I was in British Columbia for a few days before Christmas and it was really really nice and relaxed…even charming. If it wasn’t so cold, I might emigrate.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love snowflakes.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace on earth
24. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither
25. Favorite Christmas dinner?One I do not personally have to cook. :o)