The Toyota needed a new radiator, the water heater is on the fritz and the washing machine is on its last legs…..
….so of course, I’ve bought yarn. And books.
Because we ain’t got enough of either ’round here, right? ::::::sadly shaking my head at my continuing folly:::::
OK, enough whingeing – on with the show!+ BTW, I didn’t get all of this TODAY; it’s been a few weeks….
(The itty bitty skein is a sample of their MCN yarn,Tasty, in the Maple colorway. YUM!)
Another sock book! But really, I’ll probably buy anything written by Stephanie van der Linden – even if it’s in German!
I’m not a complete yarn snob!
Yarn Bee (Hobby Lobby)
Heel to Toe
Interweave Knits’ Summer 2012 Jane Austen Knits Magazine; I didn’t like the things in the first Jane Austen Knits collection to buy it, but I just had to get this one!!
Thistle – this yarn is an incredible buy!
Again I love the complexity of this colorway….though the pictures are rather brighter than in person.
These were both on clearance at a store that rhymes with ‘flobby bobby’. They’re being added to the living room scrap afghan project….It needed these colors, I think……
in Summer Happens (green ombre) & Perpetual Sunshine (yellow ombre)
I’ve been thinking about an afghan fer Mom & Pops. I have 75% of a Klimt-inspired Babette done for them, but Ma wanted more BROWN. Once I finish that, I can give it to a friend who ADORES yellow, so that’s good…. Then this caught my eye:
OH YEAH! No brown but I could add some right? But Mum didna want wool – even if it was washable, so I’m going with Knit Picks Brava Worsted – a delicious 100% acrylic…YES> ACRYLIC. Then, after I went thru the color card and made my substitutions for the original yarn, I saw all their browns and everything and decided to order every color they had!
…Except Cream. I meant to order cream…but I forgot. I will order it from them soon enough, but in the meantime….
AIN’T IT PURTY?
Last but CERTAINLY not LEAST is this:
I have really been looking forward to this book. THIS IS A USEFUL BOOK. I am in LOVE with this book. LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! So much good information, excellent pictures, swatches – the whole enchilada. You NEED this book….
…and I have an EXTRA one to GIVE AWAY!
So here are the deets:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me what you like about my blog (I need some encouragement. Please be kind :).
- If you would like to enter more than once, you may comment on any other post I generate between June 21 and July 8, 2012. (If you post more than one comment on any particular post, you’ll still get just one entry for that day)
- You have until 11 pm, CDT on July 8th, 2012 to enter. International folks are welcome too.
- If you say nasty things to me or anyone else, you lose your opportunity to enter this give away.
- I will choose the winner on July 9 using a random number generator and notify via email.
I would love it if you would tell other knitterly types who like to read blogs about the give away. Thanks!
GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED. Thanks!