After 36 entries by 14 entrants, we have chosen a new blog name for *The Individual Formerly known as Homeschool Kid*.
::::drum roll please::::
THE DUKE OF CURL!
Charity is the winner. Yay! I actually met Charity in person before I knew her online – that’s fairly rare for me. You should DEFINITELY check out her Etsy shop, and her blog and the other site… (she’s way talented y’all). I’ll be sending off yer gift card soon.
Many thanks to everyone who entered! This was really fun; I think I’ll do contests oftener.
Just so’s ya know, I did ask The Duke of Curl to help choose his new blog name, and he chose that one.
I hope tomorrow to wrangle the Force of Nature back into her robot costume for the promised picture – I haven’t been able to get to it the last 2 days.
NaKniSweMo post tomorrow I hope.
- The Force of Nature’s soccer team won a game!
- -ate some wonderful food at Mezzaluna (try the Eggplant Parmesan appetizer; fantastic!)
- saw the movie “Good Hair” with some friends (I enjoyed it)
- Got some more Kureyon for the Lizard Ridge blanket (I’m halfway there)
- made zero progress on the Tapestry Cowl
- got “The Individual formerly known as Homeschool Kid”‘s hair cut. Yay!
- since my hairstyle was making me feel OLD, I even got my hair cut (I now now own a flatiron to style it with….)
- no band rehearsal because the bandleader had a heart attack (please say healing prayers for Sylvester!)
- spent what seemed like endless hours tryna fix the Force of Nature’s cobbled-together iPod (I should post a picture – it’s held together with rubber bands for REAL) and to remove some rather nasty spyware from my ‘puter
- Studmuffin left for Cali on a business trip
- I didn’t remember to call my brother for his birthday til like 2 am. I still haven’t called :o(
- Natasha’s limp has gone away as mysteriously as it came.
- posted one of my cutest ever posts (I think) about Domo-kun with cute pictures AND NOBODY COMMENTED :::sad trombone::: I guess everyone is too busy? Or do you just hate Domo-kun? Or is it me?
- forgot to put out the trash
- felt like crap all day
- spoke to 2 wonderful friends on the phone (I love you guys!!!)
- finished knitting No.1 Son’s birthday prezzie and am felting it (and felting and felting….)
- took a nap and was
- late making dinner and so
- burnt the spaghetti with meatballs……..
Life is good but I still feel yucky. It will pass….. WHERE is the goshdurn heating pad?!
Meal plan Monday:
Mon- spags & meatballs
Tues- Shepherd’s Pie a la Cracker (this didn’t get made last week; I WILL share the recipe)
Thurs- Mac & cheese & salad
Fri- Romano Beans & rice
Sat- Soup & sandwiches/Corn Chowder
Sun- Chinese take out
Contest ends on October 31st, 2009 at midnight Alabama time, and the winner will be announced when I get around to it (probably during the following week). My choice will be completely arbitrary and humor is encouraged. :o)
Please submit prospective names in the comments – the name I choose for him will win a $14 gift card to Starbucks. If you live someplace without Starbucks, I’ll contact you directly and we’ll work it out.
See all the other names submitted in the comments here
Hey y’all! I’m loving almost all of the comments (I’m certain youi can guess which one I don’t care for….), and **The Kid Formerly Known As Homeschool Kid** is enjoying the attention. I’ll keep things brief until the end of the contest, but I did want to say that if you are at ALL interested in knitting, crocheting, spinning and/or weaving, you really really really need to join the Ravelry website. It’s free, there’s no spam, and the pictures of all the amazing things people all over the planet have made or are making is a feast for the eyes. One of my favorite things is to look through what projects my Ravelry friends have been “favoriting”; I limit myself to only 15 pages of those a day…..
- Tears for Fears
- Ray Parker Jr.
- Bon Jovi
- the Doors
- Def Leppard
- Hall & Oates
- the Police
- Bruce Springsteen
- Lionel Richie
- ZZ Top ….I can’t stop at just TEN
- Mr. Mister
- Night Ranger
- Whitney Houston
- Michael Jackson
- Cyndi Lauper
- the Hooters
- Peter Gabriel
These aren’t all necessarily bands I enjoy listening to…they just remind me of high school.
Time for a blog contest! If you can guess what year I graduated from high school in, I’ll give you a really nice skein of fingering weight yarn (I’m not sure which one yet; I have to go out into the stash and see).
Leave your guess in the comments; here’s the rules: you get ONE guess, you cannot guess the same year that anyone else already has, and the contest ends in 5 days (Saturday, October 18th at 11:59 pm). Of course if someone gets it sooner, I’ll post it before then.
I will give you a hint: it was during the last 30 years of the 20th Century.