I’m 2 days late with the sign up for SecretPal 12
Just in case they let me in, here’s the answers to the questionnaire:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love merino wool, silk, bamboo/cotton blends all in sport weight or finer. I do not like anything scratchy or that has that cheap acrylic “soapy” feel. I am also not fond of fun fur or lumpy yarns (like boucle).
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a couple of large coffee mugs that I use for hooks & straights. I store circulars in a CD booklet.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve been knitting for 30+ years – my grandma taught me the basics, and I think I’m an advanced knitter….
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Amazon wish list. :o)
5. What’s your favorite scent?
grapefruit is my latest fave
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I like hard candies – nothing with mint in it please.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I make jewelry (beads and sterling silver wire), I sew, crochet, garden -I do other things too, but that list is very long. I do not spin (I won’t start that until all the kids are through college).
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like just about every genre of music though I am not fond of death metal or opera, and yes I like mp3s.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I love deep blues. Most of autumn colors are not my favorite – there are ones that I like but it’s tricky….
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with 3 children; 2 dogs and a cat.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I don’t wear ponchos. I wear all the others, but not that much since I live in Alabama. :o)
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Right now I’m still in the midst of a mitten obsession, but shawls & scarves are coming up fast!
13. What are you knitting right now?
A Hemlock Ring blanket, a pair of gloves, a pair of 2 on 1 circular socks, a gansey sweater
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular needles are really good. Hiya Hiyas are my current favorite.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
More than 20 years old now. Now I don’t think I’ll finish it just because it has remained unfinished for so long….
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Of the usual holidays, it’s probably Thanksgiving. I’m a Baha’i so we have 9 holy days and I think Naw-Ruz (Mar. 21) is my favorite.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, obviously. Music (I have a ridiculously large CD collection) and sterling silver earrings.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I’ve subscribed to IK but they haven’t sent me anything yet :(.
There are several books I’d like to have, but I’m ashamed at just how long a list that is! I don’t have any of the Elizabeth Zimmerman books and I would like to.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
Entrelac is something I plan to work on
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I do knit socks. I have size 11 feet! 10.5 inches long, and 10.25 inches around the ball of the foot.
23. When is your birthday?
December 13 _ I’ll be 40 this year. :o)
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
I’m “helenkosings” on Ravelry