I have been shockingly neglectful of my wonderful readers as of late; I’m sorry. I think of you daily, but opportunities to write have come rather seldom in the last two months. Since my computer is in the kitchen/dining area, the modest peacefulness I need to get my thoughts together has been nearly impossible to find here at the zoo/ Chez Oney.
I woke up about 45 minutes ago – hot, hot, HOT! It’s about 30% hormones, 20% the heat wasn’t turned down at bedtime like usual and 50% the cat sleeping on my head. I adore my cat and generally I like it that she has decided to sleep up on my pillow instead at my feet where I can alternately not move whilst falling asleep so I won’t disturb her or seriously disturb her by kicking her in my sleep. However, as the night deepens, she has a tendency to curl herself around the top of my head and I get overheated. It’s a nice problem to have: she purrs, is very fluffy and still smells like soap. So I put on a little jazz and settle into the keyboard.
Some knitting content(pictures will be added in the next 24 hours):
- A hat for the Duke of Curl’s best friend. His birthday was 12/2 – I finished this on 12/23. I enjoyed doing this and I think I might make one for myself at some point.
- Lovers’ mittens for the newlyweds. Still in progress; about 2/5 done. The wedding was New Year’s Eve – I plan to get this done by the end on the month and mailed off
- Hat for the Duke of Curl – he wants cables. I got it about 40% done, had him try it on – TOO TIGHT! Had to frog back to the ribbing, then went up 3 needle sizes.
- I had planned to make a bunch of mittens for nieces and nephews for Christmas; still haven’t made any.
- Had started a few Bandana cowls for my best girlfriends in NH and VT. Now I’m aiming for the end of February
- My birthday is in December, so I got myself a few skeins in a Sundara “grab bag”; SO lovely. And my friend brought me some Wollmeise from her business trip to Germany. Yay!
- I will be seeing my friend to whom I had promised the “Naval Knockoff” sweater (for 11/11) in April, so I gotta get crackin’; I have only a tiny bit done ! She called me last night out of the blue – it was so good to hear her voice!
- I am still planning on making: the Aran afghan for Chez Oney, mittens for No. 1 Son’s fiance, mittens & a cardigan sweater for me, a second “Naval Knockoff” for another friend, an afghan in yellow for another dear friend, mitts for dad, socks for Studmuffin……I already have yarn for all of these.
- The Yarn Harlot made things all year long for people so that her Christmas knitting wasn’t so crazy; this is something I must try!
- Completely lost my mojo for hexipuffs. Maybe during the summer……
- I bought no yarn on our holiday travels though I did come close. I was at a crafts supply store in Roanoke, VA and almost got some for a project I have planned for my dad. I decided not to get the yarn because it wasn’t anything I couldn’t get at home easily, which I did buy at Jo-Ann Fabrics this past week. (on sale y’all)
We’ve had a bit of a time with our cars – they are good and reliable but are aging and then one car was in a COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE ACCIDENT (I’m trying to let go of it – not very successfully I might add!) which was expen$ive in a BIG way for us. So I’m back on the yarn diet and I hope to keep it for the ENTIRE YEAR . I don’t think that will be too painful now that I have access to the stash, plus a dear friend gave me a gift certificate to my LYS for my birthday, so if I get really itchy for new yarn, I can use that.
Am planning this spring/summer’s garden! And am getting back into sewing. I may write a little about the sewing, and I will DEFINITELY write about the gardening.
My phone is charging right now so that’s why the delay on photos. Should have them up by 1/17 (up 1/18!). Time to try to go back to sleep (I’m yawning right now. yay!).
So how are you? I LOVE getting comments. 🙂