This “Ten for Tuesday” doesn’t work for me…….I seriously dislike horror films. I could actually get up on my soapbox and rail against a society that uses violence for enteratinment, but today I won’t ‘cos I’m still on the mend (Thanks for asking). I get nightmares when I watch scary stuff, so I generally don’t.
So here is the list of films that I like that might possibly fit the meme o’ the day:
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer – the “dying scene” with Paul Reubens is one of my favorites…EVER.
- Blood Sucking Freaks – this is so campy and silly, not worthing watching twice but worth watching once
- Frankenthumb – Steve Oedekirk uses animated thumbs and sends up Frankenstein in a seriously funny way.
- The Blair Thumb Project – Steve Oedekirk spoofs the Blair Witch Project to great and silly effect.
- Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow – The Johnny Depp/Christina Ricci version. I saw this in a bar in black and white with the sound off, closed captioned with a rockabilly band playing in the background. I really liked it, I’m not sure I would watch it by myself though.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas – Tim Burton’s Masterpiece in my view
- Young Frankenstein – The Big Grandaddy of them all! An absolute “must see”; can you say ‘schwanzstukker’ without laughing? Go watch it right now!