1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search or other search function
It might be more accurate to say these were the first 15 movies that I could remember that I really liked……
-I don’t want to talk about it.
– Everything is okay, I just don’t want to talk about it.
– But sometimes it’s good to talk things over, Jeffrey. For instance, they say that many marriages are saved by people…
– Aunt Barbara, I love you but you’re gonna get it.
-I read somewhere their periods attract bears. Bears can smell the menstruation.
-Well, that’s just great. You hear that, Ed? Bears. Now you’re putting the whole station in jeopardy.
3.– Awfully decent of you to drop in today. Do you realize our army is facing disastrous defeat? What do you intend to do about it?
– I’ve done it already.
– You’ve done what?
– I’ve changed to the other side.
– So you’re on the other side, eh? Well, what are you doing over here?
– Well, the food is better over here.
from Duck Soup; spring_violet
– Would you care to join us, Mr Schneebly?
– Did I say that correctly? “Schneebly”
– Actually, it’s “Schnayblay”
from School of Rock; heyrhiannon
5.(1st person) – This is an intergalactic emergency. I need to commandeer your vessel to Sector 12. Who’s in charge here?
(large group) – The Claw!
(2nd person) – The Claw is our master.
(3rd person) – It decides who will go and who will stay.
(4th person) – Oh, this is ludicrous.
– Hey, kid, kid… who’s in charge here?
– You are, and I’m not a kid, I have pointy SHOES that are older than you… I’m an elf.
– Getting into trouble a little early today, aren’t we, (name of main character)?
– Trouble? No way. You’re only in trouble if you get caught.
– I’m in trouble.
– You are amazingly self-assured, has anyone ever told you that?
– I tell myself that every day, actually.
– I have been looking all over for you, where have you been?
– I have been here. I have been sleeping.
– In a frilly shirt and slacks?
– They are my PJ’s
10. – Why don’t you kiss her instead of talking her to death?
– You want me to kiss her, huh?
– Ah, youth is wasted on the wrong people.
from It’s a Wonderful Life; firstname.lastname@example.org
– If there’s anything around here more important than my ego, I want it caught and shot now!
– Hey, I brought you something to… AH! NO, NO, NO, NO! SPIT THAT OUT RIGHT NOW! I have got to teach you about food. Close your eyes. Now take a bite of this… No, no, no! Don’t just hork it down!
– Too late.
from Ratatouille, Laura
– Now, it says, uh, “The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part.”
– Well, I don’t know about that…
– Now what’s the matter?
– I no like-a the second party, either.
– Well, you should’ve come to the first party. We didn’t get home ’til around four in the morning. I was blind for three days!
14.– Look at my hand [raises hand and holds it level]
– Steady as a rock.
– But this is the hand I shoot with [raises the other, incredibly wobbly hand]
– Jerry, Jerry, will you take my advice? Forget about the whole thing, will ya? Just keep telling yourself: you’re a boy, you’re a boy.
– I’m a boy.
– That’s the boy.
– I’m a boy. I’m a boy. I wish I were dead. I’m a boy. Boy, oh boy, am I a boy. Now, what am I gonna do about my engagement present?
– What engagement present?
– Osgood gave me a bracelet.
– [takes it and inspects the stones with glasses] Hey, these are real diamonds!
– Of course they’re real! What do you think – my fiance is a bum?
from Some Like It Hot; spring_violet
I couldn’t quite stop at 15….
16. – Aunt Josephine?
– Never heard of her.
– Doesn’t it strike you odd that none of our relatives are related to us?
from A Series of Unfortunate Events; email@example.com
17.– [through speakeasy’s door] Who are you?
– I’m fine, thanks, who are you?
– I’m fine too, but you can’t come in unless you give the password.
– Well, what is the password?
– Aw, no. You gotta tell me. Hey, I tell what I do. I give you three guesses. It’s the name of a fish.
– Is it Mary?
– Ha-ha. That’s-a no fish.
– She isn’t? Well, she drinks like one. Let me see: Is it sturgeon?
– Hey, you crazy. Sturgeon, he’s a doctor cuts you open when-a you sick. Now I give you one more chance.
– I got it. Haddock.
– That’s-a funny. I gotta haddock, too.
– What do you take for a haddock?
– Well-a, sometimes I take-a aspirin, sometimes I take-a Calamel.
– Say, I’d walk a mile for a Calamel.
– You mean chocolate calamel. I like that too, but you no guess it. Hey, what’s-a matter, you no understand English? You can’t come in here unless you say, “Swordfish.” Now I’ll give you one more guess.
– …swordfish, swordfish… I think I got it. Is it “swordfish”?
– Hah. That’s-a it. You guess it.
– Pretty good, eh?
from Horse Feathers; spring_violet